- Bonspiel information: Out of town bonspiel information is located on the bulletin board located near the stairway to the locker room.
- Clean footwear: Clean footwear must be worn at all times on the ice arena, and as much as possible in the lobby area.
- On ice water: There is a water cooler located at the main doors to the ice arena, this water is provided to the Centre by Cariboo Water. Due to Covid 19 concerns, no paper cups will be available. Bring your own container
- Viewing curling: There will be no spectators allowed due to Covid 19 regulations. There normally would be two areas to view curling one on the lobby level and one on the Lounge level.
- Lockers: Lockers not be available due to Covid regulations. The QCC will be open on October 7th to 10th between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm to allow curlers access to clean out their lockers. They are located on the main lobby level and downstairs in the locker room.
- Locker room: Our locker room may be closed due to Covid Regulations. It is in the downstairs area accessed from the main lobby.
- Wash rooms: We have washrooms on the main lobby area as well as on the upstairs Lounge area.The washrooms on our lobby area are wheelchair friendly. One person at a time only allowed in washroom due to Covid Regulations.
- Lift : should be available to access second floor. Waiting for final inspection
Food and Beverage
- The Lounge: The Lounge is located on the upper level of the Centre and is sure to have your favourite beverage along with various snacks.
- The Kitchen: The kitchen is located on the main lobby area and has a full menu and is staffed when curling is taking place. Craig’s Table is running the kitchen this year and is available for business luncheons and does full catering.
- Gratuities: The kitchen staff and Lounge staff appreciate consideration.
Our facility is open for groups to rent the facility for curling or other functions in the Lounge area but must meet Covid 19 regulations. Please contact our Manager for rates, constraints and availability. During the off season when the ice has been removed we have a very large space that is ideal for weddings and conventions. Due to Covid 19 Regulations a maximum of 50 people are allowed for banquets or other activities. Contact us at 250-992-5813 or email us at email@example.com.
Brooms, sliders, grippers, delivery aides and sticks will not be available to new curlers. We are working on a progam to rent out equipment for the full season. Covid Regulations make the sanitation of equipment between each game impractical. However we encourage members to purchase their own equipment soon after joining.
Curl Canada sessions have been cancelled due to Covid 19 concerns. We also try to have a clinic during the regular season. We also do video analysis of curlers. We have trained instructors that are willing to help anyone who wants to improve their delivery or sweeping techniques. Please see our Club Manager to book a time.
President: Ralph Givens
1st Vice President: Carly Backer
Secretary: Shari Needham
Treasurer: Monica Berg
3 Year Directors: Mike Sarabyn• Brady Waffle • Kieth Belcourt
2 Year Directors: Linnea Hedden • Jamie Waffle • Ang Curle
1 Year Directors: • Allan Sand • Lori Freeman • Eric Ericsonn
Past President: Blair Hedden
Ladies Club President: Laurie Rice
New Members Committee: Vacant
Building and Maintenance Committee: Vacant
Employee Committee: Brent Hodgson • Blair Hedden
Gaming Committee: Petrie Neave
Ice Committee: Brent Hodgson • Blair Hedden
News/RockTalk: Tracey Roberts
Webmaster: Mike Sarabyn
Club Coordinator and Ice Technician: Dave Plant
Junior and Jamcan Curling
Juniors: Lori Durocher
Jamcan: Dana Johansen
Membership Contact: We will keep our members informed and up to date via Facebook and in our Upcoming Events at a Glance and Some Things to Know on main page of this website as regularly as possible.
Website: The website is updated on a regular basis. It contains schedules, calendar, policies and useful information such as upcoming special events and links to Curl BC, Curl Canada and our Partners.
We are on Facebook: Quesnel Curling Centre.
Email: We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Decision making: The Quesnel Curling Centre is a member driven organization with an elected Board of Directors answerable to the membership.
Member Input: A Voting Member of the Quesnel Curling Centre is an individual who has paid a membership fee. The fee is a one time charge of $200.00. These Voting Members decide on the direction and policies of the QCC and can be elected to the Board of Directors.
In addition to voting privileges Voting Members receive discounts on curling fees. If you curl twice a week, your $200.00 Voting Member fee would repay itself within 3 years. See our membership menu for full details.
A member is an individual who has paid a fee to curl in any of our leagues. A member is welcome to attend the AGM however cannot vote. Members are encouraged to volunteer and are also encouraged to become a Voting Member.
The Quesnel Curling Centre started in 1935 with the help of a Mr. Harry Joyce who had just won $10,000 in a sweepstakes, actually a Newfoundland Sweepstakes. Mr. Joyce used the money to buy materials to build a 2-sheet curling rink and he sold $200 demand notes to curlers and also charged dues. Harry Joyce, Lloyd Harper, Gavin Dezell and George Miller were the founders of what is now the Quesnel Curling Centre. The original building was with natural ice and curlers had to buy their own rocks or borrow them from someone else.
The Quesnel Curling Centre was incorporated as a non-profit society in 1953 and has maintained that status ever since, run by volunteers and now has one full-time and two part-time staff.
We have six sheets of excellent curling ice available from the long weekend in October to the middle of March. Our ice technician and Manager is Dave Plant.
We have a concession with a full menu selection and is generally open whenever there is curling taking place. Come down and have lunch or supper. They also do Catering for all kinds of functions large or small. For information regarding catering please see the Kitchen Manager.
Our upstairs Lounge has a pool table and other games available and has an excellent view of the curling sheets below. There are TV’s showing the far house on every sheet of ice. This area is great for banquets and special occasions and is available to the general public to rent. Contact our office at 250-992-5813 or email us at email@example.com.
We are the “Home Centre” of Alison Duddy Canada’s GOLD medal winner at the 2015 Wheel Chair Championships. She was CurlBC’s disabled athlete of the year in 2012/13. Alison is also a two time National Silver Medalist and was named the all-star lead at the 2013 and 2015 Nationals. We are honoured to have her as a member of our Centre.
Questions? Need an answer?
If there is anything you need to ask or want an answer to, let us know. We are glad to help out where we can!